The Public Accounts Comnittee which was recently convened has the following responsibilities:
(1) Examine the audited accounts, as presented in the Auditor General’s Report, showing the appropriation of sums granted by the National Assembly to meet pubic expenditure and such other accounts laid before the Assembly as the Assembly may refer to it.
(2) exercise general supervision over the functioning of the Auditor General in accordance with the Rules, Policies and Procedures Manual and any other law.
(3) Nominate the members of the Public Procurement Commission for approval by the National Assembly and, thereafter, the appointment by the President; and to determine the emoluments and allowances of the Public Procurement Commission in consultation with the Commission.
The Chairperson of the Public Accounts Committee must be a Member of the main Opposition in the Assembly.
Chairman: Hon. David Patterson, M.P.
The Committee comprises of five (5) Government Members & three (3) additional Opposition Members.
(1) Hon. Gail Teixeira, M.P.
(2) Hon. Bishop Juan A. Edghill,M.S., J.P, M.P.
(3) Hon. Dharamkumar Seeraj, M.P.
(4) Hon. Dr. Vishwa D.B. Mahadeo, M.P.
(5) Hon. Sanjeev J. Datadin, M.P.
(6) Hon. Jermaine Figueira, M.P.
(7) Hon. Juretha V. Fernandes, M.P.
(8) Hon. Ganesh A. Mahipaul, M.P.